Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About Me

Well, after my first post I realized for you to connect with me, you may need to know a little about me. I’ve been a teacher for the past 5.5 out of 6.5 years. I was a long term sub for 6 months for 5th grade; then 1 year for 5th grade; then 1 year as a Children’s Pastor (that’s when I had my one and only little girl); then 4 years as a 6th-8th English teacher. Before that I got married to a wonderful man who is very supportive of my teacher-y ways. Before that I got my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Elementary Education.

Whew! That’s me in a nutshell. Well…I also love playing the piano, painting, crafting, scrapbooking…and playing with my daughter.

Why blog? I’ve always wanted to put my thoughts down. When I’m off school and just watching my daughter my mind reels with endless possibilities of ways to help others, help myself, and just keep busy. By the way – I think everyone has a little ADD in them. I get this way frequently. I blame my mother. So, this blog is a teacher blog – out to help my fellow teachers with advice, ideas, funny stories…the list goes on and on.

I recently came across the best site EVER. It was a blog of someone who quit their job because they were going to have a child and wanted to stay home. They then switched careers almost completely even after a Master’s with their previous job. She started blogging and just passing on ideas about decorating. Now her blog has turned into almost an EMPIRE. Ok, so I’m exaggerating just a tad. But seriously, she’s doing what she loves while taking care of her next of kin. To me that is awesome and in these days, unbelievable.

While my goal is not to completely be the same as her. I do have extra time on my hand during days off from school and especially summers. And, I find more teachers that don’t always use the resources that they have at hand. So my goal is to help. I’m no expert; I will never claim to be one.

And the hardest thing is to write to teachers without being perfect in grammar, punctuation…IT’S SO HARD!! So goal #2 is to be real.

Alright, that’s enough for now. On to bigger and better things! Toy Story 2 is calling as well as the pile of clothes waiting to be folded in my living room.

No comments: